Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summering in Storrs

Hi blog friends!

Here's a recap through pictures of what I've been up to!  All year I've said that New England doesn't feel like home...but after exploring so much of the area and getting to know the community where I live, I'm re-thinking that statement. Hmm..

3 weeks left of summer until Assistant Residence Hall Director life starts again. Here's to cramming in more adventures!

Visited Providence 3 times...and I will be there again this weekend. 



Went to Waterfire (also in Providence!)




This is a beautiful lake 2 miles from my home. 

 Rolled down a giant hill with my friend Pat. 

Spent 48 glorious hours in Illinois for my mom's birthday! 

 Also found this gem while I was there: 

 Spent a day adventuring in Boston, and found this awesome frog in Boston Commons. 

Spent a day in Newport, RI, touring the mansions. This a view from the famous Cliff Walk. 


Visited Fort Griswold, a revolutionary war site. Climbed the 134-foot memorial. 


Went on the USS Nautilus, the first US Submarine to reach the North Pole. 


And, made some homemade granola bars. Delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment