Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I might have had one of the best Valentine's Day in years. I haven't done anything remotely remarkable the entire time that I was in college.

I didn't do anything particularly remarkable today either, sorry to disappoint, but I did just have a generally solid day.
Except I did spill salad dressing all over my bag today. Woops.

For starters, I received some fantastic mail. I suppose that's what happens when I don't check my mail daily (my mail isn't delivered very close to where I live, so I only check it every-other day at most). My mom sent me an awesome care package with more cake and conversation hearts than could possibly be healthy, and I also had a three (three!! so many!) packages from friends, filled with surprise CDs, and a DVD of a concert from WIU. I also was able to call the oboe studio during studio time, which was just general happiness. :) Aww, so much love!
Part of my mom's package. Deliciousness. 
I also spent the evening at a program with some of the residents in the building that I work with. The Hall Director team that I work with has an ongoing (monthly-ish) program that is a "cafe" of sorts. We bring in coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and discuss current events. The program looks different each month, so for example, we had a cafe program that focused on the presidential debate this past November. Since it was Valentine's Day, we created a campaign for why residents love living in the building, had fresh (coming out of the oven in real-time) cookies, and wrote letters to members of the US Armed Forces.  We actually had a great turnout, wonderful community, and company.

Here's a small sampling of the campaign. My area is "Alumni Quadrangle" hence the I  "heart" Alumni sign" that someone contributed. 


Also, here's something one of my students showed me today that actually made me laugh out loud. Worth looking at for a smile! http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/10-brutally-honest-valentines-from-kids

No comments:

Post a Comment