Monday, May 6, 2013

You know what's fun about having a blog? When your friends who blog have birthdays, you can write posts about them!

You can find my friend Monica's blog HERE!

Her birthday is tomorrow (well, by all accounts it's already her birthday, since she lives across the ocean), so here goes a post!

Monica and I have been friends since we were five (we met in Kindergarten). We attended school together from Kindergarten through 12th grade! Magically, we're still super close friends and now that she lives in Wales, I dream about being able to go visit and I also dream about showing her all the things I love about New England. In fact, I think for both of us, this is the first time we've lived somewhere that we've never gotten to see where the other lives. Crazy.

That aside, technology is awesome and we catch each other on Skype and via text message. I'm a pretty horrible text-corresponder. I forget about my phone and see things people have sent me hours and sometimes days after the fact, and I'm almost never 100% engaged in a text conversation. In fact, when I went to text Monica to wish her a Happy Birthday, I discovered a text she sent me two days ago. Typical. With Monica living abroad, one of the hardest habits I've needed to break has been the instinct to pick up my phone and call her whenever. Today, I literally picked up my phone and got as far as looking at my "favorites" list, only to realize that she's not on it...this doesn't happen all the time, but it happens occasionally....and it makes me wish for our wonderful adventures, and more moments like this picture:

Yes, we're upside down. Yes, there is snow on the ground (it was March). No, it wasn't that cold. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MONICA! 


No comments:

Post a Comment